One thing you may not all know about me is I am getting married this year in November. I have a lot of stuff going on and sometimes get really busy. Today I went with my oldest sister Olivia to get her fitted for her bridesmaid dress and we were out for an extended period of time. Sadly I didn't pack any snacks. I am used to stopping and grabbing whatever I may want and today I couldn't. This was a challenge, however, I made it home because my lovely bottled water that I now carry everywhere saved me! I am happy to say that I heated up more of my taco meat and had some DELICIOUS paleo tacos!
I continued on with my day and headed out again with my sister to Costco to get some coconut oil. We finished up our shopping trip and I was headed home and my lovely, beautifully OLD truck decided it was not going to move anymore. Just right in the middle of town shut off. Not by the side of the road where I could easily just move over, but right in the middle of the street! Tragic. What's so funny is that you would think I would be all upset and freaking out about my truck, but instead all I could think about was getting home to cook a new exciting dinner! All ended up fine, my sweet little Trooper is at the shop and I made it home.
I love to cook. I mean LOVE to cook. This whole Paleo lifestyle has made me even more excited to do so. I am having so much fun with it! To anyone that is on the fence with it, or thinking about it, JUST DO IT! It really isn't bad. YES you will have cravings for things you are used to, YES you may be a little grouchy BUT man o' man the reward is SWEET! The food is AMAZING. You will feel GREAT for the most part. I made it home and dinner was STUPENDOUS!!!! My fiance Adrian joined in today and made a kick ass tomato sauce from scratch! Perfect with our grass fed meatballs. I am happy to say that he went ahead and decided to go Paleo with me starting today. THIS IS AMAZING. It's always more fun when you have your best friend going along with you. Even my kids ate an almost all Paleo dinner tonight.
Overall today was a good day! OH YEAH, how could I forget?! I did my squat challenge today also. I finished 55 squats on my incredibly sore legs. I did NOT, however, finish the other part of my work out. But hey, the night is still young! =) Below you will find my meals from today. Enjoy!
Breakfast: Delicious scramble w/ 3 free range omega 3 eggs, organic onion, garlic, spinach/spring mix and some steak from my tacos yesterday seasoned w/ a little kosher salt, cayenne and black pepper. On the side a half avocado w/ kosher salt and fresh black and cayenne pepper. Topped everything w/ organic pico that I made yesterday! Delicious!
Replay from yesterday for lunch! Look at the mini avocados I found at Chuck's Produce & Street Market! 4lbs for $1! Yes $1!
Tonight's dinner, a little late: Grass fed beef meatballs seasoned with italian seasoning, kosher salt, fresh garlic, whole organic onion, Siracha and 1 organic egg in a homemade tomato sauce (5 roma's boiled and pureed) seasoned with italian seasoning, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and Siracha. Side of organic sweet potato, baby kale and beet hash seasoned w/ organic onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper and kosher salt. Then a few baby yellow carrots! Whew!

No comments:
Post a Comment