Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day Numero Uno!

Today was a fantastic day!!! I am absolutely loving the challenge of cooking new things. So far, I haven't missed anything. I even ate a "taco" for lunch substituting a lettuce leaf instead of tortilla which I felt like I would hate. I also didn't miss the cheese or sour cream because I made a delicious pico and slapped on some sliced avocado. I feel really good and so far I have drank five pints of water to meet my goal of eight or more.

My exercise routine has increased... and by that I mean it now exists. I started a squat challenge my friend posted on Facebook today where each day the number you do increases until the last day you are at 200+ squats. (OMG) The first day, today, you start with 50. I got through those with burning legs and heavy breathing but I felt like I really accomplished something! =) As I was feeling so great and accomplished I noticed that my favorite Paleo Facebook page Health and Effectivity  was releasing a work out regimen daily that was a little more challenging but not out of reach. SOOOOO.... I went ahead and added in the extra work out (5 push ups, 30 sec plank, 10 curls and 25 crunches) to my squat challenge! Ok, I'll be honest, I omitted the plank.

Now I know some are reading this and probably thinking "big deal" you're doing some squats and minor activity. EXACTLY! It is a very big deal damn it. I do not work out. I haven't for about three good solid years. This is EPIC. I feel so good and I am loving the challenge of cooking to fit my new lifestyle and adding in some movement or dare I say "exercise" along the way.

All in all today was great! Below you will find my meals from today. I can't wait until tomorrow to create more. I know that the lettuce taco will definitely be replayed for lunch! It is a new favorite, and oh the possibilities with the meat!!!


Breakfast: I always start with a cup of Boresha Fat Burning black coffee upon getting up then approx 30-45 min later I eat. Today's Breakfast: Free range omega 3 egg scramble with crushed garlic, organic onion, organic baby spinach/spring mix seasoned with cracked organic black pepper and kosher salt. Side of 1/2 organic avocado and raw almonds. 2 pints of water. Yummy! Was delicious!



Lunch: Beef steak pan fried in evoo with organic onion, smashed garlic, organic cilantro, organic green pepper, cumin, kosher salt and cracked black pepper topped with fresh organic homemade pico (tomato onion cilantro in fresh lemon juice with kosher salt) and 1/4 avocado with black pepper! All on a bed of organic lettuce Yum! 




Dinner: Chicken legs seasoned with kosher salt, organic cracked black pepper, sage and garlic powder. Side of organic sweet potatoes with organic onion, garlic, spinach/spring mix seasoned with kosher salt,  organic cracked black pepper, cheyenne pepper and red pepper flakes. DELICIOUS. Sweet potatoes were the star here. 


If any of you are interested in Boresha Fat Burning Coffee please go to my Website



No comments:

Post a Comment